Thursday, July 28, 2011

PrototypeRaptor


Today we'll be looking at PrototypeRaptor who is another upbeat melodic electro/house/dubstep enthusiast. I have a hard time picking what tracks to put here because I like all of them! His remixes bring new life to old songs I love and even his quote on quote "studio reject failures" sound flipping awesome! The first tune on his "studio reject" (I believe is supposed to be called 'Drive Mustang') is actually my favorite! I'm shocked to see his play count on his soundcloud so low. I have a feeling PrototypeRaptor is about to explode in popularity.

About
With an early introduction to the world of house and music production at the age of 13, PrototypeRaptor (aka Jonathan Paulsen), now 21, has been a relatively unknown, yet consistent force of electronic music. After fashioning his iconic “R” out of lines taken from his sequencer, he quickly became known for combining his electro-fidget sensibilities with an unusual melodic design. Backed by artists such as Wolfgang Gartner and Porter Robinson, and soon to be released on multiple labels, PrototypeRaptor looks poised to finally break out – get ready for the year of the Raptor.

I can certainly see the Wolfgang Gartner & Porter Robinson influence in his tracks.

Most of the tracks I'm sharing after the jump are melodic electro house but the last song, Flashback, is actually a brilliant progressive house track. He does have a tendency to put several songs inside one so be aware.

Check this sh** out!!



PrototypeRaptor - RapidComfort/Vivaldi EP (Out now on Beatport) by PrototypeRaptor

PrototypeRaptor - Mode Mixture (OFFICIAL: out now on Beatport!) by PrototypeRaptor

Mord Fustang - The Electric Dream (preview1) by PrototypeRaptor

Studio Rejects by PrototypeRaptor

8bit Is Just the Beginning by PrototypeRaptor

ProtoytypeRaptor - Flashback by PrototypeRaptor

41 comments:

  1. dude I must definitely say I'll gladly follow up your beat's are sick man

    ReplyDelete
  2. good stuff! Thanks for posting this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome tracks, i can totally hear the glitch influence- they all need more bass though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tracks as always! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of great tracks, and prototype raptor is an awesome name.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some of the tracks really do sound like a mashup of a few different songs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for following, I followed you back. I hope you return my kinde$$! :3

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow great stuff!! keep them coming ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now this is one I can see getting ahead and fast. Great tracks, my favorites are the last three, the first two of the studio rejects? What kind of studio rejects such material?! The 8 bit was so much fun to hear, and then Flashback, oh man, day = MADE. That was so nice to hear! Gonna love watching this guy blow up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. really great stuff. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. 8bit Is Just the Beginning sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My neighbors are gonna hate me since I started following your blog >_>

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, there really is some great music here. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!
    Tech Me

    ReplyDelete
  14. not feeling it but nice look anyways

    ReplyDelete
  15. For some reason, links arent working for me. Which is sad because when i read electro house i was excited like a little kid :(
    i will definitely try again tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, I'm really really liking this. I'll be back to this post tomorrow to listen to all these again I think

    ReplyDelete
  17. These must be in my Ipod. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. oooo, nice! Thanks for sharing! :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. All of these are great. Really. I hope this guy blows up in popularity.

    Also, I love coming to this blog. You wouldn't believe how many new artists/songs I've found because of it. My mp3 player runneth over.

    ReplyDelete
  20. that doesnt look like a raptor at all

    ReplyDelete
  21. Really liking the tracks man! They are very awesome "]

    ReplyDelete
  22. Nice prog house there. that's my kind of thing.

    ReplyDelete
  23. diggin the music keepem comin!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Cannot listen at the moment, but I will get all over this when sound returns to my world.

    ReplyDelete